Desert Diva Events and Adventures
Founded by Marina in 2016, Desert Diva Events and Adventures offer desert and outdoor events throughout both Emirates, and in Oman with her partners Ibex Adventures. Their popular guided off-road trips cover desert and mountain destinations; desert trips have a maximum 10 cars per convoy and mountain trips have a maximum of 30 guests.
- United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile and the governing law is the local UAE law.
- Visa and Master Card along with bank transfers are our required payment methods. Payments should be made in AED
- We will not trade with or provide any services to OFAC and sanctioned countries.
- Customers using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- Cardholder should retain a copy of their transaction records.
- User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his account.
Marina Bruce is British, from the North of Scotland, a wife, mother and blogger.
Joining her husband Neil, Marina moved to Al Ain in 2009 from Scotland’s oil capital, Aberdeen and wasted no time exploring her new country.
Since the Bruce’s purchased their first off road vehicle, Marina has steadily become more adventurous, experienced and highly respected in the desert off-road scene. This is partly due to Marina continuing with her desert travels during Neil’s job rotation on Das Island. Together however, they have clocked up over 100,000kms off road driving in the deserts of Al Ain, Liwa, Wahiba and also crossed the Umm As Sameem (Mother of All Worries) in their many travels to Oman, Southern Oman and Salalah.
- Marina has been a marshal in the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in 2011-2013, accompanied film crews and journalists, and led countless expeditions and camping trips, long and short, and generally encouraging new desert adventurers.
- In 2011 Marina founded this blog – The Desert Diva: Living life to the Full in the Empty Quarter – which now attracts over 5000 visitors a month.
- In 2012 Marina co founded Oasis Offroad, an Al Ain based offroad club for novice and intermediate desert adventurers.
- Marina is now acknowledged as one of the leading expat desert explorers in the UAE. Click here to check out her driving CV.
- Marina is available for public speaking on Adventure Driving in the Emirates and Oman and can be contacted via the email below.