Our self-drive trip comprises a mix of on and off-road driving and sightseeing with plenty of time to relax too. Enjoy a “staycation” with a difference on the very edge of the largest sand dune desert in the world – the magnificent Rub Al Khali.
Bed and Breakfast in the Liwa Hotel, Liwa City (Mizaira’a)
The Liwa Hotel has been carefully upgraded and each spacious room boasts a balcony which overlooks the Liwa Oasis. Outside there is a large pool with a separate one for young children, as well as a 5-a-side football pitch and children’s play area. Located at the top of a hill the hotel’s grounds often benefit from a light breeze and there are shades to relax under as well as plenty of palm trees to afford shelter from the afternoon sun.
Three excursions are included in the package price – choose some or all of them. You will be part of a small group – trips will have a maximum 8 cars plus leader.
Chilled water and fruit will be available on each excursion.
Two nights (Arrive 12th April, depart 14th April) – 1550aed per couple
Price includes two nights B&B for two, in either a double or twin room with balcony.
To book, please download the form here or below , complete it then email it to email@example.com. We will then send you an electronic invoice if you opt to pay by credit card,or our bank details if you are going to transfer the payment directly.master registration form hotel
Full Details and Itinerary
Marina aka the Desert Diva is an accredited Abu Dhabi tour guide and her main interests are the desert, nature and heritage and culture of the UAE. Let the “Liwa Diva” show you her most favourite area of the desert!
This is a self-drive event
- 4×4 essential
- Guests need to use their own cars for all trips.
- Before embarking on excursions these should have at least ¾ tank of fuel.
- The number of persons per car should not exceed the number of seats and seatbelts.
- All children should use a car seat or booster cushion as appropriate for their age.
- Trip durations are approximate.
- All vehicles must have recovery points front and rear
- Vehicle should be in tip-top condition with a good spare tyre
- Occupants must wear seatbelts whenever vehicle is moving
- If you have recovery gear and/or a compressor, please take it
- Not recommended for children under 2 years old
- The driving will be smooth and easy but sometimes damage to vehicles is unavoidable. We recommend that your vehicle has offroad insurance if you are joining us on the 4×4 drives.
What to Wear
Liwa is a very traditional and conservative area so when you are away from the hotel we suggest you wear loose fitting comfortable clothes which will cover you from neck to just below the knee – short sleeved tops are ok, but not vest tops. Cut-off trousers/capri pants are fine but short shorts are not recommended.
The sand will be very during the day so we recommend you wear closed in sports shoes or boots, NOT crocs.
Remember to take sunscreen if you need it and don’t forget to take your hat/cap and sunglasses!
Excursion A – Friday morning
- Liwa Crescent West OFF-road trip
- duration Approx 5 hours
- Leaving Liwa Hotel Friday 13th April at 0630hrs prompt (packed breakfast supplied)
Travel to Arada and enter the sublime dunescape of the Liwa crescent. We will pick the easiest possible route through the dunes, stopping to view a couple of “desert gardens” and with plenty of stops for photos.
Then return to the hotel for a couple of hours cooling off in the pool!
Excursion B – Friday afternoon
- Liwa Crescent West ON-road Trip
- Duration Approx 4 hours
- Leaving Liwa Hotel Friday 13th April at 1530hrs prompt
- Suitable for all vehicles
Travel west to discover a fort, the original Liwa fish farm, a historical tower, date plantation and a desert viewpoint. We will start with a visit to a very interesting farm and finish watching the sun set over the desert.
Excursion C – Saturday morning
- Liwa Crescent Central drive
- Duration – approx 3 hours
- Leaving Liwa Hotel on Sunday 3rd September at 0800hrs prompt
Easy drive into the beautiful dunes of the Liwa Crescent. Some easy dune driving as well as sand tracks. If time allows we will visit Tal Moreeb, the site of the annual Moreeb Challenge.
What someof our previous guests had to say
“Thanks for organizing this wonderful trip! We had the best time”
“I am especially grateful to Neil, who did an amazing job of looking after the car with his words of advice. As a result, we never felt out of depth and were able to enjoy the experience more. We also liked the knowledge and passion that Marina displayed for the area and culture.”
The package price of 1550aed per couple includes
- Accommodation for two persons in a double or twin room
- Buffet breakfast (packed breakfast for those on the Friday 4×4 trip)
- All hotel taxes
Hotel policy/prices for children
- Children under 6 go free when sharing their parents’ room/bed
- Children aged 7-11 receive a 50% discount on food when sharing their parents’ room/beds (breakfast is 60aed inc tax)
- One extra bed can be placed in the room for a supplement of 370aed including breakfast for both days.
- OR You can take your own airbeds and put them in the room – up to two children 11 or under in each – the rooms are very spacious!
- Guide fee per child – 75aed for the weekend, regardless of number of trips taken.
- Secure your place by paying a 50% deposit by bank transfer, Mastercard or Visa – your booking will be confirmed once this is received.
- Balance due by 1st April 2018.
- We will send you either an electronic invoice (for credit card payment) or details of our bank account (for bank transfers) upon receipt of your completed registration form
We hope you will not have to cancel but if you do here is our policy.
Enquiries by phone or whatsapp to –
firstname.lastname@example.org – +971 50 9478 563