This is an easy wadi trip, taking in two beautiful routes with no long and high drop-offs at the side of the tracks. It is a guided self-drive tour, taking us through spectacular scenery and is ideal for photographers. Cars should be 4×4 or AWD with reasonable clearance; no prior offroad experience necessary.
Thursday 19th April
We will meet at the Ibri Oasis Hotel for an overnight stay. The price of B&B for a couple is included in the price – see below for child prices/policies. Arrive any time after 6pm. There is a restaurant serving reasonable Indian/Asian food and the hotel is licensed to sell grape and hop but dinner is not included in the price.
Friday 20th April
- 0700hrs breakfast
- 0800hrs depart from hotel
- Drive to Rustaq – explore an old tower and an Oasis
- Travel onwards to entry to Wadi Sahtan
- Drive through Wadi Sahtan, with stops for a lunch break (fruit and water supplied)
- 1700hrs camp overnight possibly near Tabaqah Castle
- For those who do not wish to camp there is a resthouse at nearby Rustaq (should be booked directly). It will be easy to exit our campspot.
- 1900hrs BBQ, skywatching and a blether (Scottish word for chatting)
Saturday 21st April
- 0700hrs light breakfast – tea/coffee/fruit/pancakes/breakfast bars
- 0830hrs strike camp and drive to the entrance of Wadi Hawqayn
- Drive through the wadi, with stops to explore old and new villages (please dress conservatively)
- Our arrival at approx 1330hrs at the pools at Wadi Hawqayn marks the end of our trip. (Swimming may be possible – if enough water, otherwise you could consider a stop at the recently refurbished Rustaq Fort, which is open until 4pm)
1 or 2 adults in car (including overnight at Ibri Oasis, Friday BBQ, Saturday breakfast, fruit and water throughout the trip) – 1080aed per car
Children aged 5 and under sharing their parents’ bed at the Ibri Oasis Hotel – trip fee 50aed per child
Children aged between 6 and 13 either sharing their parents bed’ OR use your own air mattress to place on the floor – trip fee 175aed per child
Extra adult(s) in the car – one person requiring single room 680aed. two persons sharing twin/double room – 1080aed.
Camping equipment rental for the Friday night – 75aed per person for tent and mattress. Sorry we do not rent out bedding and have a limited number of camping chairs!
We accept bank transfer, mastercard and visa – please indicate your favoured method of payment on your form.
Upon receipt of your form we will either send you our bank details, or an electronic invoice. To secure your booking we require a 50% deposit, with the balance payable 14 days before the trip (5th April).
To book, please download the registration form here.master registration form hotel
This trip requires you to cross the border over to Oman. You can avail yourself of an unsponsored E-visa by following this link. GCC Foreign residents can obtain a visa for 5 OMR. For those who do not qualify the visa price is 20 OMR. If you would like to be escorted across the border, Marina can meet you at the last ADNOC before the Mezyad/Hafeet at 1600hrs prompt. PLEASE apply for your e-visa in plenty of time – it can take between 1-4 days to receive and it is valid for entry for up to 3 months from issue date.
Terms and Conditions here
Cancellation Policy here
Cars and driving information here
What to pack here