Join us for a 2 day, 1 night camping trip at 2200 metres above sea level! Easy driving (AWD or 4×4 essential), gentle hiking, clean sand-free air, spectacular scenery, ideal for photographers and families alike!
September is harvest time on the green mountain and we have a wander round some old villages and fruit plantations. Our evening entertainment will be a campfire and the heavens filled with 5 million stars as well as 4 visible planets – Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
OPTIONAL (subject to availability)
Thursday 20th September 2018
- Cross over into Oman and stay at the Ibri Oasis Hotel in Ibri, for 400aed per couple, including breakfast and all taxes
Friday 21st September 2018
- 0730hrs – meet at the last ADNOC petrol station before the Mezyad/Hafeet border
- unless you are meeting us in Ibri – in which case we will meet you there approx 0900hrs
- 0900hrs – comfort stop at Ibri (petrol station – coffee, loos etc)
- 1100hrs – head up Jebel Akhdar
- 1200hrs – lunch at a cafe (simple food, eg biriyani – they also do burgers and chips) – included in tour price
- 1300hrs – drive to Ar Rus, work our way back, driving, stopping and walking, driving
- 1800hrs – set up camp
- 1930hrs – BBQ and campfire
Saturday 22nd September 2018
- 0730hrs – Light breakfast of fruit, yoghurt, breakfast bars, tea and coffee
- 0900hrs – break camp and drive to Al Ayn Village, Al Saiq and Wadi Bani Habib
- Short walks around each area
- 1400hrs – lunch at same restaurant as day before (included in price)
- 1500hrs – depart from Jebel Akhdar (ok to leave earlier if you wish)
- 1700hrs – comfort stop at Ibri
- 1900hrs – Al Ain Mezyad/Hafeet Border
Price per person
2 lunches, 1 light breakfast, 1 bbq dinner, guide fee
- Adults – 575aed
- Children aged 5-12 – 300aed each
- Children under 5 – complimentary
We have a limited amount of camping gear available for hire (tent and mattress – 75aed per person).
It will be the height of the fruit harvest on Jebel Akhdar and many local men and boys will be selling their wares by the side of the road. The Green mountain is also famous for its trees – ancient Olive and Juniper dot the hills
Note – the nights will be cold! Maybe down to 10-12C, so make sure you have adequate bedding and a warm jacket and hat for round the campfire.
Note – it will be considerably cooler than the UAE desert areas, however the sun is still strong so fair skinned folk will benefit from sunscreen!
Note: the moon will not rise until after midnight so we hope for clear skies and favourable conditions for skywatching!
Sunrise 0558hrs., sunset 1807hrs – Moonrise 0123hrs, moonset 1512hrs
Book your place now by downloading and completing the form below, or you may also download it from here.master registration form camping
Upon receipt of your form we will either send you our bank details, or an electronic invoice. To secure your booking we require a 50% deposit, with the balance payable 14 days before the trip (7th September).
Terms and Conditions here
Cancellation Policy here
Cars and driving information here
What to pack here
Look forward to showing you the top of my favourite mountain!