Thursday 15th November (Optional overnight stay at the Ibri Oasis Hotel)
The price of B&B for a couple is 400aed – children under 12 can stay free in their parents’ room using existing bedding (or your own airbed), only paying for food. Arrive any time after 6pm. There is a restaurant serving reasonable Indian/Asian food and the hotel is licensed to sell grape and hop if you wish to have dinner there.
Friday 16th November
Meet at the Ibri Oasis Hotel, Oman at 0900hrs
- Drive to Rustaq – explore an old tower and an Oasis
- Travel onwards to entry to Wadi Sahtan
- Drive through Wadi Sahtan, with stops for a lunch break (fruit and water supplied)
- 1700hrs camp overnight possibly near Tabaqah Castle
- For those who do not wish to camp there is a resthouse at nearby Rustaq (should be booked directly). It will be easy to exit our campspot.
- 1900hrs BBQ, skywatching and a blether (Scottish word for chatting)
Saturday 17th November
- 0700hrs light breakfast – tea/coffee/fruit/pancakes/breakfast bars
- 0830hrs strike camp and drive to the entrance of Wadi Hawqayn
- Drive through the wadi, with stops to explore old and new villages (please dress conservatively)
- Our arrival at approx 1330hrs at the pools at Wadi Hawqayn marks the end of our trip. (Swimming may be possible – if enough water, otherwise you could consider a stop at the recently refurbished Rustaq Fort, which is open until 4pm)
Adults – 525aed per person
Children aged 5-11 – 325aed each
Children 4 and under – complimentary
Camping equipment rental for the Friday night – 75aed per person for tent and mattress and seat. Sorry we do not rent out bedding.
We accept bank transfer, mastercard and visa – please indicate your favoured method of payment on your form.
Upon receipt of your form we will either send you our bank details, or an electronic invoice. To secure your booking we require a 50% deposit, with the balance payable 14 days before the trip (11th November).
To book, please download the registration form here.
[pdf-embedder url=”https://thedesertdiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/master-registration-form-hotel-and-camping.pdf” title=”master registration form hotel and camping”]
This trip requires you to cross the border over to Oman. You can avail yourself of an unsponsored E-visa by following this link. GCC Foreign residents can obtain a visa for 5 OMR. For those who do not qualify the visa price is also 5 OMR for up to 10 days . PLEASE apply for your e-visa in plenty of time – it can take between 1 hour and 4 days to receive and it is valid for entry for up to 30 days from issue date.
Terms and Conditions here
Cancellation Policy here
Cars and driving information here
(Please note that car requirements are less stringent for wadi trips than desert ones)
What to pack here
See below for our trip report video from our last Tale of 2 Wadis by clicking here