Do you have a 4WD or an AWD and long to take it into the dunes? A little bit nervous that your small car will be overshadowed by the big “modded” offroaders? Well don’t worry, I’ve listed this event especially for you; easy smooth terrain in a quiet area not frequented by weekend offroaders, driving tuition where needed, and a remote wild campsite some 10kms from the road with a fine campfire and BBQ.
Back in 2014 and 2015 I ran the offroad part of the annual Jeep Funatic at Al Ain – we took over a dozen Jeep Cherokees (although they are 4×4 they are rather low) on a beautiful drive and every car came back with bumper intact! The clients were apparently delighted with my family drive which took them deep into the dunes.
Note, this drive is not a crazy high adrenaline drive, rather a smooth cruise through some beautiful dunes; we will make a stop or two to take photos and to let passengers stretch their legs.
Vehicle Requirements – for this itinerary only
- Your car should be either a 4WD, AWD or 4×4
- It should be in good mechanical order including tyres and your spare tyre too!
- If you have screw in recovery points then these should be present in the car
- Make sure you have the key for locking wheel nuts if you have them
Friday 23rd November 2018
- We will meet at Madinat Zayed City, Approx 1.5 hours from Abu Dhabi Mafraq Junction and 2.5 hours from Dubai/Al Ain.
- Meeting time: 1500hrs
- Move off time: 1515hrs prompt
- Drive to deflation point, drop our tyres to lower pressures
- Offroad drive until approx. 1730hrs
- Overnight camp, BBQ (fully catered, bring your own refreshments if you wish)
Saturday 24th November 2018
- Breakfast (tea/coffee/breakfast bars, fruit, biscuits/bread and cheese)
- Another easy offroad drive for approx. 2 hours
- Return to road by 12 noon approx.
We will be setting up camp in a remote area with no facilities – we can rent you camping equipment though you may also take your own. Camping/packing list available here. Please note that we need you to take blankets/sleeping bag and a pillow as we do not hire them out.
Driver – 700aed
Adult Passengers – 400aed each
Children aged 5-11 years – 275aed each
Children 4 and under – complimentary
Tent/mattress/seat hire – 75aed per person
How do I sign up?
Please read through the itinerary and check it will suit your family. Please also click on the links for suggested packing list and what to wear.
Download registration form here or from here
[pdf-embedder url=”https://thedesertdiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/master-registration-form-camping.pdf” title=”master registration form camping”]
Complete and return to email@example.com
To confirm your booking we will request a 50% deposit
Trip list will close once we have bookings for 10 guest cars
Balance is due on or before 09th November 2018
Payments may be made by bank transfer, mastercard or visa – please indicate your preferred method of payment on your registration form.
Timings, apart from initial meeting time, are approximate.
It will be foggy season in the area and our departure from camp on the Saturday may be delayed until the fog clears and there is a minimum 500metres visibility.
All children should be strapped into age-appropriate safety/booster seats, whenever your car is moving.
Suggested reading – Wilfred Thesiger, Arabian Sands
Cancellation policy here.
As with all our trips – Limited Places Available – Don’t Miss Out, Register Today and Reserve Your Place in Our Convoy!