Saturday 26th January 2019
End Point: ADNOC White Sands Petrol Station (on Hameem- AD road)
- Finish time: approx 1430 hrs
Check out a great video compiled by Robert Haandrikman, a guest on this itinerary previously.
Not all 4x4s are created equal; this trip is not suitable for crossover SUVs which do not have 4LOW option on gearbox. Recommended minimum engine size 3.0 litres. If your car is not on the following list please enquire.
Full details here
- Expedition style drive – taking smooth lines over moderate terrain in the Eastern Part of the Liwa area (read more about expedition style driving at foot of page*).
- Your convoy will be led by highly experienced and professional offroad driver
- We will drive through an area where there is a high likelihood of encountering wildlife – this might be a great trip to disconnect your kids from technology!
- Marina is also an accredited Abu Dhabi Tour Guide who specialises in heritage, culture and nature
- Small trip – maximum 9 guest cars
- Loan of flag and walkie talkie if required
- Overnight camping (equipment available for hire if you do not have your own – quality Coleman tent 75aed per person per night)
- Starry Sky (subject to weather conditions)!
- BBQ dinner with a Scottish Theme with soft drinks (as well as hummus, moutable, bread, burgers and steak – vegetarian options available)
- Breakfast (french toast, breakfast bars, tea, coffee, fruit juice)
- Leaving camp around 0930 hrs (subject to weather conditions – there is a chance of fog in the morning and we will wait til it clears til we move from camp)
- Further offroad driving until around 1300hrs, return to road
- Adults – 680aed per person (note single supplement of 250aed applies if driver is on his own)
- Children aged 5-12– 340aed each
- Children 4 and under – complimentary
- If more than 5 guest cars then second support car will accompany the group
- Maximum number of guest cars – 9
- may be made by bank transfer, mastercard or visa, please indicate your choice on the registration form.
- 25% deposit required to secure your booking.
- Balance payable on or before 10th January 2019
To Sign Up
Please download and complete the form below (also available here), then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
[pdf-embedder url=”https://thedesertdiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/master-registration-form-camping.pdf” title=”master registration form camping”]
Any queries – please email email@example.com or call/whatsapp +971509478563
*What is expedition/overland driving?
- Overlanding has a clear aim
- Ours is to explore the beautiful, varied sands of the Eastern part of the Liwa North area.
- Expedition driving is not about showing off to see who can climb the highest on a dune, or drive the fastest over the sabkah
- Adrenaline junkies might not like this style of trip
- Overlanding is about appreciating the topography and nature of the area
- The Empty Quarter is not quite as empty as you may expect; there are quite a few birds, insects and lizards
- We aim to minimise the environmental impact of the trip by making one track, avoiding damaging plants and not scaring the wildlife!
- Expedition driving takes a relatively easy line to ensure all cars return to the blacktop at the end of the trip in good condition.
- Overland driving may not plough through the most challenging terrain but this is no weekly drive to the supermarket!
- Expedition driving inevitably covers cars in dust and sand!
- After visiting the largest sand dune desert in the world you can expect to take home a few kgs of sand in your car and your shoes too!
Looking forward to seeing you in the desert!