In a nutshell
Join us on a fabulous offroad journey to explore Oman’s Al Huqf escarpment; stunning scenery with easy driving through wadis and over plains, 2 nights camping (1 night with toilet/shower, majlis and kitchen available)
Thursday 14th March:
- Overnight camping at an Isbah (farmhouse) in Adam, Oman (22.33051, 57.53109 approx co-ords)
- Arrive any time before midnight – it is 330kms, 3.5 hours’ drive from Al Ain, all on highway, mostly streetlit.
- Farmhouse has toilet, shower, kitchen, majlis and outdoor seating area
Friday 15th March
- 0700hrs Light breakfast
- 0800hrs Move off
- 0915hrs Fuel up at al Ghaba
- 1000hrs offroad
- 1100hrs stop for long break – including an early lunch – at a rudist reef, with fossils approx. 61 million years old!
- 1230hrs continue southwards past magnificent rock formations
- 1700hrs camp for the night
- BBQ and campfire
Saturday 16th March
- 0700hrs light breakfast
- 0930hrs drive to road
- 1100hrs approx. return to road at Duqm (19.51991, 57.60259 approx)
- *If you do not have to rush back for work on Sunday, why not spend another day or two with me – another 90kms through wadis and an amazing beach (please email me – email@example.com if you are interested)
Offroad section approx. 160kms
Note: If you are UAE-based then this trip has a LOT of road driving to the start point and from the finish. However, some Abu Dhabi people who are particularly interested in fossils are keen to sign up so we are hopeful of achieving our minimum 3 guest cars.
- Your own 4×4 (see here for list)
- No need to have previous offroad experience
- If you have a small fuel tank, like a wrangler 2-door or a Pajero, then you will need to carry extra fuel
- Your car must have a matching spare tyre (wheel size), in good condition
- Your sense of adventure!
Trip Fees (per person)
- Adults 825aed
- Children (aged 6-11) 425aed each
- Camping equipment hire 75aed per person
- Single supplement for only one person in car – 300aed
Maximum number of guest cars – 8
You can download our registration form from below, also from here. Please return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[pdf-embedder url=”https://thedesertdiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/master-registration-form-camping.pdf” title=”master registration form camping”]
25% deposit to secure your booking
75% balance 14 days before start of trip (1st March 2019)
You can pay by bank transfer – details sent on receipt of your registration form.
Borders and Visas
Suggest Al Ain’s Mezyad/Hafeet crossing
Visa On Arrival currently available for UAE foreign residents (see here for full info)
Also e-visa via official Royal Oman Police Site (see here for full info)
5 OMR for up to 10 days
You will need Oman Cover for your car insurance; if it is already included in your policy please request an “orange card” from your insurers. If not, you can buy third party cover for as little as 100aed at the border.
Terms and Conditions here
Cancellation Policy here
What to pack here