For many years there has been an old Oskosh truck abandoned in the desert. It sits there, rusting and creaking, so where better to host a halloween party in the desert? We may even find Mr Bones at the wheel!
This is a 2 day/1 night self-drive & camping trip starting around 2 hours from the Mafraq Junction in Abu Dhabi and finishing at the same place. 4×4 essential (see here for suggested vehicles).
The drive out to the tanker is around 40kms over a relatively easy route, with a few tricky bits here and there (note, we will offer coaching where requiredto new drivers).
Once we reach the tanker we will set up our camp, crack out the sledges and set up a bbq and campfire. The food and decor will have a halloween themes and there will be a gift for each child. For evening entertainment we hope we can persuade lots of you to do “turn”, whether it be a joke, a song or an impression.
We will make camp a couple of hundred metres away from the tanker, unless of course you are brave enough to pitch your tent right next to it!
Friday 29th October 2021
- 1430 hrs meet at a petrol station in Madinat Zayed City, Al Dhafra Region – co-ordinates will be sent out to registered guests a few days before
- Fill up then come say hello
- 1500hrs pre-trip safety briefing
- 1530hrs easy offroad driving
- If we are lucky – spot some camels!
- Late-afternoon – make camp near the tanker
- 1900hrs bbq, campfire, mini halloween party!
Saturday 30th October 2018
- 0800hrs light breakfast
- 0930hrs strike camp
- Visit a very remote date plantation
- Photocall as we cross the Tropic of Cancer
- Return to road around 1200-1300hrs
We will be setting up camp in a remote area with no facilities – we can hire you camping equipment though you may also take your own. Camping/packing list available here. Please note that even if renting, we need you to take blankets/sleeping bag and a pillow.
We will provide water to drink, and fruit/chips to snack on throughout the trip.
Our BBQ will comprise steak, chicken, kofta,vegetables with a few halloween themed sides
Breakfast will be juice, tea/coffee, fruit and freshly made pancakes.
Adults – based on 2 persons in car (if only driver in car then add 250aed single supplement)
- With tent/mattress hire – 775aed per person
- Using own camping gear – 700aed per person
With tent/mattress hire – 420 aed per child
- Using parent’s camping gear – 350 aed per child
- complimentary when using parent’s tent and mattresses
How do I sign up?
Please read through the itinerary and check it will suit your family. Please also click on the links to see the requirements for your vehicle and the suggested packing list.
Complete our registration form, which you will find here
To confirm your booking we will request a 30% deposit paid by bank transfer
The trip list will be closed once we have 8 guest cars.
Balance is due on or before 14th October 2021
Payments may be made by bank transfer or in the case of your balance, cash on the day
Timings, apart from initial meeting time, are approximate.
It will be foggy season in the area and our departure from camp on the Saturday may be delayed until the fog clears and there is a minimum 500metres visibility.
All children should be strapped into age-appropriate safety/booster seats, whenever your car is moving.