Saturday 21st October 2017
End Point: Qasr Al Sarab Hotel
- Finish time: approx 1430 hrs
Check out a great video compiled by Robert Haandrikman, a guest on our Tag-A-Long expedition last December. Please note this time round our trip will feature more offroading, and the last section will include some large, yet smooth dunes.
Not all 4x4s are created equal; this trip is not suitable for crossover SUVs which do not have 4LOW option on gearbox. Recommended minimum engine size 3.0 litres. If your car is not on the following list please enquire.
Dodge Ram (lifted), Ford F150 (lifted), Ford Raptor, Ford Ranger (3.2 diesel), GMC Silverado (Lifted), Isuzu Trooper (lifted), Jeep Wrangler, Mitsubishi Pajero, Nissan Patrol, Nissan Pathfinder pre-2005, Nissan Xterra, , Toyota FJ Cruiser, Toyota LandCruiser, Toyota Landcruiser Prado, Toyota Tundra (lifted).
- Expedition style drive – taking smooth lines over moderate terrain in the Eastern Part of the Liwa area (read more about expedition style driving at foot of page*).
- Offroad for 3 hours Friday morning, 3 hours Friday pm, and approx 4 hours on Saturday
- Your convoy will be led by highly experienced and professional offroad driver
- We will drive through an area where there is a high likelihood of encountering wildlife – this might be a great trip to disconnect your kids from technology!
- Marina is also an accredited Abu Dhabi Tour Guide who specialises in heritage, culture and nature
- Small trip – maximum 8 guest cars
- Loan of flag and walkie talkie if required
- Overnight camping (equipment available for hire if you do not have your own – quality Coleman tent 75aed per person per night, bedding 50aed per person per night
- Starry Sky (subject to weather conditions)!
- Picnic lunch on Friday
- BBQ dinner with soft drinks (hummus, moutable, bread, burgers, chicken and vegetable kebabs)
- Breakfast (french toast, breakfast bars, tea, coffee, fruit juice)
- Packed snack lunch for Saturday
- Coffee at Qasr Al Sarab (latte, cappucino or americano, hot chocolate or soda for children)
- Leaving camp around 0930 hrs (subject to weather conditions – there is a chance of fog in the morning and we will wait til it clears til we move from camp)
- Further offroad driving until around 1300hrs, return to road, air up then head to Qasr Al Sarab for coffee.
- Car plus driver – 995 aed
- Passengers – 495 aed each
- Children aged 7-12 – 245 aed each
- Children 6 and under – 100aed each
- If more than 4 guest cars then second support car will accompany the group
- Maximum number of guest cars – 8
- may be made by bank transfer, mastercard or visa, please indicate your choice on the registration form.
- 50% deposit required to secure your booking.
- Balance payable on or before 10th October.
To Sign Up
Please download and complete the form below (also available here), then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
[pdf-embedder url=”https://thedesertdiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/master-registration-form-camping.pdf” title=”master registration form camping”]
Any queries – please email email@example.com or call +968 98163768 or +971509478563
*What is expedition/overland driving?
- Overlanding has a clear aim
- Ours is to explore the beautiful, varied sands of the Eastern part of the Liwa North area.
- Expedition driving is not about showing off to see who can climb the highest on a dune, or drive the fastest over the sabkah
- Adrenaline junkies might not like this style of trip
- Overlanding is about appreciating the topography and nature of the area
- The Empty Quarter is not quite as empty as you may expect; there are quite a few birds, insects and lizards
- We aim to minimise the environmental impact of the trip by making one track, avoiding damaging plants and not scaring the wildlife!
- Expedition driving takes a relatively easy line to ensure all cars return to the blacktop at the end of the trip in good condition.
- Overland driving may not plough through the most challenging terrain but this is no weekly drive to the supermarket!
- Expedition driving inevitably covers cars in dust and sand!
- After visiting the largest sand dune desert in the world you can expect to take home a few kgs of sand in your car and your shoes too!
Looking forward to seeing you in the desert!